This blog posts delves into the mobility data and trip hop movement patterns for one
Citywide data insights dashboard spanning four departments and seven datasets for the City of San Leandro, California, USA
CITYDATA.ai has designed and developed a unified data analytics dashboard called CITYDASH.ai for the City of San Leandro, California. The dashboard provides data analysis, insights, APIs, and map-based visualization for four departments and seven data sets across the city. The public-facing sanitized version of the dashboard is live at the below web link. The internal dashboard for city administrators and department heads is only available for authorized accounts.
CITYDASH (public version)
CITYDASH.ai is the Chief Data Officer in the cloud for cities on a budget. The platform ingests daily data from the city, combines the municipal data with proprietary and private datasets, analyzes, correlates the impact to citizens. Below are the details:
City311: Customer Service
CITYDASH analyzes 311 daily (anonymized) data and historical data to evaluate impact to citizens. For example, the dashboard can answer questions like “how many people were impacted by illegal dumping incidents in the past four months?”
CityPermits: Community Development
CITYDASH analyzes new and historical building, engineering, construction permits (anonymized) to evaluate impact to citizens. For example, the dashboard can answer questions like “what neighborhoods have the most construction projects and how many people live in such neighborhoods?”
City911: Law Enforcement
CITYDASH analyzes daily and historical services call (anonymized) for the police department to evaluate impact to citizens. For example, the dashboard can answer questions like “what neighborhoods do the majority of calls about suspicious persons originate from, what days of week, and what times of the day?”
CityParks:Parks & Recreation
CITYDASH analyzes daily and historical programs and events activity (anonymized) to evaluate the level of participation and engagement by the local community in city-organized programs. For example, the dashboard can answer questions like “how many people attended the Cherry Festival last year? what neighborhoods did they visit from?”
Why does San Leandro love CITYDATA.ai ?
While there are many reasons for our success, below are the top-10:
1 We have earned the approval and endorsement from 4 department /agency heads at the city as well as the CIO (Tony Batalla), City Manager (Jeff Kay), and the Mayor (Pauline Cutter), no small feat.
2. This is the first project of its kind combining datasets across departments and agencies at the city.
3. Our platform applies machine learning and AI techniques to infer the real-world impact on citizens.
4. We combines public, proprietary, and private datasets in the most innovative manner to build a real-world knowledge graph.
5. Our technology does not access personal data and is fully compliant with local and regional privacy laws like CCPA and GDPR and PDPA.
6. The platform provides deep actionable data insights for city administrators and decision-makers through the internal dashboard while also offering valuable information to citizens through a public-facing website.
7. The platform already has analyzed 15147 records related to 311 incidents, 8077 records related to building permits, and 11625 police call service records, and continues to analyze new data every day.
8. The platform consolidates analytics and machine learning into a single tool, thereby saving the need for four different tools used by the city, resulting in cost savings and increased productivity especially with the budget cuts related to COVID.
9. The platform is 100% cloud-based, making it easier to store, access, and analyze the relevant datasets remotely and leverage the computational power of large servers in the cloud.
10. The platform is priced below the spend thresholds for most IT departments, making it a no brainer decision for cities on a budget.
Reach out to us if your city is interested in exploring CITYDASH for data analytics and geospatial intelligence across your departments and agencies.